Changing Your Benefits

You can only make changes to certain pre-tax benefits (see below) during the year if you experience a Qualifying Event based on Internal Revenue Code (IRC) regulations and as defined in the XPO Benefits Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD). If you experience a Qualifying Event during the year, you can make changes appropriate for the type of life event within 45 days of the event date. Visit myXPO or call the XPO Benefit Center to make changes or access your XPO SPD.

Pre-Tax Benefits

Under IRC Section 125, your contributions for the following benefits are deducted from your pay on a pre-tax basis. Because of the tax advantage, you can only make changes during the year due to a Qualifying Event. (There are other pre-tax benefits that you can change anytime, such as HSA and 401(k) contributions.)

  • Medical Benefits
  • Dental Benefits
  • Vision Benefits
  • Short-Term Disability Buy-up
  • Health Care Flexible Spending Account
  • Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
  • Commuter Spending Account

Post-Tax Benefits

You can make changes to your post-tax benefits at any time during the year since your contributions for these benefits are deducted from your pay after taxes are calculated. Post-tax benefits include:

  • Supplemental Life Insurance for yourself, your spouse and children
  • Supplemental Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance for yourself, your spouse and children

Please keep in mind that changes to the post-tax benefits listed above may require Evidence of Insurability (EOI).


You can enroll yourself and your family in XPO benefits. Be sure you know who’s eligible before you choose coverage.

You are eligible if you are a full-time employee.

You may also cover members of your family. Eligible dependents are:

  • Your spouse
  • Your children through the end of the calendar year in which they reach age 26. Eligible children include:
    • Your natural and adopted children (including children placed with you for adoption)
    • Stepchildren who live with you
    • Disabled children
    • Children for whom you have legal guardianship