Tobacco Cessation Program
Anthem’s Tobacco Free program:
- Is designed with five visits
- Addresses all forms of tobacco use, including smoking, chewing and vaping
- Provides video visits with health coaches for behavior modification coaching and support
- Offers Nicotine Replacement Therapy, which can be ordered by a health coach and sent directly to your home
- Can arrange an optional physician office visit (at your expense based on your XPO medical coverage) should a prescription be needed as part of treatment
- Provides access to health coaches by appointment seven days a week in all 50 states
To begin, contact Anthem. You’ll complete a personal assessment, and your coach will customize the program to fit your schedule and preferences. You can also get one-on-one support to help overcome any emotional, physical or social barriers that might stand in the way of achieving lasting success.
Avoid the Tobacco Surcharge
If you and/or your covered family member complete five tobacco cessation visits (with Anthem or another vendor approved by the XPO Benefit Center) and submit a certificate of completion to the XPO Benefit Center, you will no longer pay the tobacco surcharge on your health care coverage. Once the surcharge has been removed, your tobacco-free status will roll over automatically from year to year.