Anthem’s Tobacco Free program can help you and your covered family members stop using tobacco products. If you are enrolled in an XPO medical plan, Tobacco Free is provided at no cost to you.
Anthem’s Tobacco Free program:
- Is designed with five visits
- Addresses all forms of tobacco use, including smoking, chewing and vaping
- Provides video visits with health coaches for behavior modification coaching and support
- Offers Nicotine Replacement Therapy, which can be ordered by a health coach and sent directly to your home
- Can arrange an optional physician office visit (at your expense based on your XPO medical coverage) should a prescription be needed as part of treatment
- Provides access to health coaches by appointment seven days a week in all 50 states
To begin, contact Anthem. You’ll complete a personal assessment, and your coach will customize the program to fit your schedule and preferences. You can also get one-on-one support to help overcome any emotional, physical or social barriers that might stand in the way of achieving lasting success.
Avoid the Tobacco Surcharge
If you and/or your covered family member complete five tobacco cessation visits (with Anthem or another vendor approved by the XPO Benefit Center) and submit a certificate of completion to the XPO Benefit Center, you will no longer pay the tobacco surcharge on your health care coverage. Once the surcharge has been removed, your tobacco-free status will roll over automatically from year to year.