Company Matching Contributions

How Much is the Company Matching Contribution?

After one year of service, XPO matches up to 4% of the contributions you make to the 401(k) Plan. XPO will match dollar-for-dollar the first 3% of pay you contribute plus $.50 on the next 2% of pay you contribute. This means if you contribute 5% of pay, XPO will contribute an additional 4% for a total of 9%. Consider contributing at least 5%, so you don’t leave any free money on the table. The more you contribute now, the more you’ll have when you retire.

What are Safe Harbor Matching Contributions?

The XPO company matching contributions qualify as “Safe Harbor Matching Contributions.” This means that each year, XPO will notify you of its obligation to make Safe Harbor Matching Contributions. Safe Harbor Matching Contributions are 100% vested, and XPO deposits these contributions to your account each payroll period. (Employer matching contributions made prior to January 1, 2018, are subject to different plan provisions depending on your business unit, and are subject to vesting rules in effect when the matching contributions were made.)